There will be no nightly or weekly homework. Instead, we will assign monthly goals that students should be working on at home and in the classroom.
Students will be tested at the end of each month and the results will be sent home. Please continue to work with your child if they have not mastered the above skills. I will continue to test them until they achieve mastery.
In addition, students will complete a family project each month related to a classroom theme. You will have several weeks to complete these projects at home.
Students should also be working on ST Math at home (if you have the technology available) for approximately 60 minutes per week. Students will use the same picture password as they use at school to access the program (click on Jiji the penguin to get started). You may download the ST Math app for use on tablets or go to the following link on Flash-capable computers:
- Learn your COLOR words: Red, Orange, Yellow, Green, Blue, Purple, Brown, Black, White
- Enjoy a book every night
- Write/spell GREEN words
- Using flashcards, memorize addition facts (0-5)
- Recite the Days of the Week
- Toss a beanbag into a hula hoop 8-10 feet away
- No Family Project in April. Please use this time to work on any goals missed in previous months.